Terms and Conditions
Every item is described as accurately as possible and represents excellent value for money. The correct price is that which is displayed on this website, at the time that we receive your application, save in the case of a mistake where a pricing error is discovered or for reasons beyond our reasonable control, e.g. alterations to the rate of value added tax. If the correct price is higher than the price displayed on the website, you may return the goods within our 14 day approval, in new condition.
We reserve the right to adjust the VAT element if this changes from 20% (as advised by HMRC).
Price Policy on Clearance/Sale Prices
In some instances items may have been sold at their original prices on the website or in the catalogue of one of our Scotts & Co. (Scotts Ltd) sister companies and items may not necessarily have ever sold previously on this company's website. Details of all the Scotts & Co. (Scotts Ltd) brands are available on request.
We always strive to bring our customers the best possible offers and deals whilst ensuring to operate fair commercial practices without misleading our customers.
Where we detail price reductions on our website the following pricing policy shall apply: The 'WAS' price shown next to an item on this website is the highest price at which the item has been offered for sale in the last 12 months by us or one of our sister company publications (details on request). Some items have been offered for sale at a price lower than the 'WAS' price during the last 12 months but, unless otherwise indicated, the 'NOW' price shown is the lowest price at which the item has been offered by us. Details of intervening prices are available on request. In all cases the 'WAS' price will have applied for a continuous period of 28 days or more.
Clearance and Promotions
Clearance products and promotions are subject to availability and are not an indication of availability. Offers may be changed or withdrawn without notice by Scotts & Co. (Scotts Ltd) at any time. We reserve the right to cancel a promotion / reject redemption of a promotional code when stock runs out or when the total value of the promotional codes already exceeds a certain financial value.
Redeem your Customer Cheque online
If you have been sent a Customer Cheque from Scotts of Stow, you are now able to use it as an online payment method.
- Simply sign in with your usual Scotts of Stow customer account, or alternately enter your address details in exactly the same format as they have been presented on the back cover of your Cheque catalogue mailing.
- When you get to the page for selecting payment click on the Customer Cheque button.
- You will be prompted on the payment page to enter your cheque number. Once your order has passed our security procedures, you'll see the value of your cheque deducted from your order.
- If, once the cheque value has been deducted from your order, there is an outstanding balance, you will be asked how you want to pay for this remaining amount. Simply follow the steps when prompted to do complete your payment.
If you are paying by credit card, please note that your card will be charged upon ordering.
Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
We guarantee to replace or refund any item that does not meet with your complete satisfaction. All we ask is that the item is returned to us within 14 days, unused and in its original packaging together with proof of purchase. Pierced earrings, software, personalised and perishable items, as well as hygiene-sensitive items including pillows, mattress-toppers and duvets may not be returned unless faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights.
If any goods which form part of a bundle offer are returned for a refund, then the remaining items will revert to their normal catalogue price and you will be refunded accordingly.
Please note, if you are returning alcohol you must call customer enquiries on *. We cannot accept returns without prior notification.
All wines are dispatched on our behalf by Prestige Cellars Ltd and Intervino Ltd.
Under Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have a statutory right to cancel your order within seven days of receipt of your goods and receive a full refund, apart from items personalised for you. If an item has already reached our despatch channels and it is too late to cancel, we ask that you return the item(s) to us. Personalised products are bespoke and made for your specification, should you wish to cancel a personalised order whilst we will endeavour to affect your cancellation, an item may already be in the process of personalisation and cancellation may not be possible.
We guarantee to replace or refund any item that does not meet with your complete satisfaction. All we ask is that the item is returned to us within 14 days, unused and in its original packaging with all original documentation.
What is your returns policy on customised or personalised products?
Products which are defined as customised, bespoke or personalised are manufactured according to the customers' specifications, and therefore are non-returnable unless faulty. Colour Options on Bespoke Furniture: Due to the limitations and inconsistencies of various display monitors, the colours you see on your screen may not be a totally accurate reproduction of the actual product. We strive to make our colours as accurate as possible, but online and printed images are intended as a guide only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct. If you would like to see a fabric swatch prior to ordering our bespoke furniture or headboards, please call customer services on 0344 482 1144*.
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. We occasionally make our mailing list available to other carefully selected organisations whose products and services may be of interest to you. In these instances, under no circumstances do we pass on email addresses or telephone numbers. If you would prefer not to be included in such mailings, please write to the address below.
Scotts of Stow
1 Crompton Road
Flat Packed Furniture
Check the contents against the instructions enclosed. Once assembly has commenced, flat packed furniture is non-returnable. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note where we refer to products as 'Wooden' they may in fact be constructed in whole or in part from MDF, engineered wood or have a wood board construction.
We may not be able to accept your order, or part of your order, due to one of the following reasons:
- Authorisation of your payment failed
- We made a pricing or product description error
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations
On 1 July 2007 the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Regulations were implemented in the UK in order to protect our environment. Along with other retailers, Scotts & Co. (Scotts Ltd) have joined the Distributor Take-Back Scheme (DTS) which will allow you to deposit your old electrical/electronic items, free of charge, to recycling points set up around the country.
Visit www.recycle-more.co.uk to find out where your nearest recycling point is. Unfortunately we cannot accept electrical items back for recycling. Instead Scotts & Co. (Scotts Ltd) has contributed to the funding of an alternative network of UK recycling facilities as stated above.
Waste Battery Regulations
Under the Waste Battery Regulations, Scotts & Co. (Scotts Ltd) are now offering a take-back scheme for all portable waste batteries. You can return your waste batteries to our business premises in person.
Alternatively, you can find your local portable battery recycling facility at www.recyclenow.co.uk.
*Charges to 03 numbers are the same as standard UK landline numbers starting in 01 or 02. Calls to 03 numbers are often included in bundled minutes and unlimited call packages. Please contact your provider for more information. Other networks and mobile providers may vary. Charges to 0844 numbers cost 7p per minute plus your telephone company's access charge. All calls may be monitored and recorded for training purposes.
Win £100 Facebook Competition Terms & Conditions
The 'Win £100 Scotts of Stow Vouchers' Competition is brought to you by ScottsofStow.co.uk. Entries are made via the Scotts of Stow Facebook page only. https://www.facebook.com/scottsofstow To enter, simply visit the mentioned Facebook page and like the page where promoted. You will then be entered into a draw to Win £100 giftcard to spend on the Scotts of Stow website. The competition is valid until midnight on 27th July 2015 when a winner will be chosen at random. The winner is to be announced on Facebook and contacted on 28th July 2015.
Competition Terms & Conditions:
1. The Competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over.
2. Entries must be made via the Scotts of Stow Facebook page facebook.com/scottsofstow only. Entries via any other method will not be accepted.
3. Multiple entries are not permitted and entries via third parties, suppliers or agencies are invalid.
4. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be supplied. The giftcard may be redeemed online at www.scottsofstow.co.uk and by phone, by post or in store.
5. No payment or Facebook page ‘Like’ is required to enter this competition; however you may wish to ‘Like’ the Scotts of Stow Facebook page in order to keep up-to-date with exclusive news and events.
6. The winner will be announced on a Facebook post on the 28th July 2015 and the winner will be asked to contact Scotts of Stow directly. The winner must respond within 10 working days or it will be assumed that they have forfeited the prize and a new winner will be chosen
7. Scotts and Co hold no liability for losses sustained as a result of an entrant not winning the competition, for example not being received over the internet.
8. A valid name and email address must be supplied upon entry in order for Scotts of Stow to contact the winner directly but will not be used for marketing purposes or supplied to any 3rd party.
10. Scotts of Stow reserves the right to cancel and amend this competition without notice in the case of circumstances outside of our control.
11. By entering the competition it will be deemed that the entrant has read and agreed to these terms and conditions and is thereby bound by them.
12. Employees of Scotts of Stow are not eligible to enter.