I bought this phone for my mum who is in her 80’s. She was already an iPad user which made it easier for herto understand. The Emporia app is easy to use but can be downloaded for a fee from the Android play store on to any Android phone. This app includes the emergency call function. Therefore what this phone offers as an extra is the emergency call button on the rear. This has to be pressed firmly for quite a number of seconds, but that does help to avoid accidental activation. The Home Screen can easily be personalised with favourite apps. My mum thinks the screen is bright and easy to read and is finding the sound quality excellent. Clarity during phone calls is especially good, and superior to her landline phone and previous Doro (not smart) phone. The user manual is really excellent for learning, and a chapter can be worked through at a time to learn about the features with space to make notes. It was relatively easy for me to set it up initially.
Easy to Use SMART Phone MAX with FREE Case
- Product Code:
The free leather-look nappa book case can be easily opened at the side. The inside is made from flexible, perfectly fitted TPU, that ensures a firm, secure hold for your smartphone and has matching recesses for buttons and charging.
On the inside, the book case has compartments for your credit / debit cards and a section for banknotes. The case also folds to a stand function for viewing videos and photos horizontally.
- 5.5" touch screen
- Cameras: 8 megapixels at the front for selfies and 13 megapixels at the back for crystal clear photos and videos
- Customisable main app screen for shortcuts to most used Apps (WhatApp, Google maps etc)
- Android 9.0, Bluetooth 4.0
- Hearing Aid Compatible (highest T4/M4 rating)
- 16GB of internal memory and supports Micro SD cards up to 64GB (not included)
- Takes a micro SIM card (not included)
- Emporia Emergency call button
- Splashproof rated to IP54
- Wedge-shaped charging cradle with sound boost feature for great handsfree use and music player
- Includes easy to read training book
- Includes USB charger cable
- Measures 14.9 x 7.2 x 0.96cm
- Case features: Break-proof TPU to ensure secure hold and comfortable protection
- Stand and inner compartment for cards
- Perfect fit for the Emporia SMART Phone MAX - includes recess for camera, buttons, emergency function and charging
- Available in black
Product Ratings & Reviews (6) Hide Show
I am in my 80's and been reluctant to start using smart phones, but it looks as though this one will work for me.
Have found it very easy to use and set up. So simple to understand. Would recommend it to anyone who doesn’t like to be baffled by most of the new phones.
Bought for disabled sister who is getting used to a smart phone. Easier than the Samsung smart phone she had previously which she could not manage at all. Her physical difficulty is very limited use of left hand so very pleased she is now able to whatsap me. This was the reason for purchasing the phone.
Being a silver surfer, I was hoping that this phone would be easy to use, but am struggling a bit to understand all the jargon. (No grandchildren to help) but will persevere.
First time use of a smart phone by her indoors going well