What is your returns policy for Scotts of Stow
If an items arrives faulty, broken or damaged then please contact our customer service team. Our Enquiry Line 0344 482 9700 is currently open 10.00am-3.00pm Monday to Friday. You can email your query to our Customer Service team or alternatively use Live Chat which you will find at the bottom right of your screen. This service is available between 9.00am and 5.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays.
You may return an item within 30 days or receipt unused and in its original packaging for an exchange or refund.
- We will credit the full amount to the original payment method excluding any shipping costs.
- We do not accept returns on certain items such as: Software; Personalised items which are made for you; Perishable items; Hygiene-sensitive items (including pierced earrings, pillows, mattress-toppers and duvets), unless faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights. Please see full list below.
- Returned parcels remain the customer’s responsibility until safely received by us. We recommend you obtain proof a certificate of posting. Parcel insurance is recommended when returning goods valued over £30
- Card refunds can take up to 10 working days to be processed by your Bank. This varies between card issuers and unfortunately, we are unable to influence this.
- Replacements or refunds for exchange of damaged or wrongly selected goods will not be processed until the original items has been received back in our warehouse.
- If goods which form part of a ‘bundle offer’ are returned for a refund, then the remaining items will revert to their normal price. You will be refunded accordingly.
- The company reserves the right to refuse a refund if the condition of the goods reflects normal wear and tear. All refunds and replacements will be processed on receipt of the returned items.
Are there any items where you will not accept returns?
There are certain items where unless faulty or damaged we are unable to accept returns. This includes:
- Self-assembly furniture if partly or completely assembled.
- Bespoke Furniture which has been made to your specifications
- Personalised items unless incorrectly personalised
- Perishable items – such as food
- Software i.e. USB drive and SD cards.
- Products which have been opened or their protective packaging/seals removed and cannot therefore be returned for hygiene reasons (unless faulty):
- Pierced earrings
- Bedding, mattress protectors, mattress toppers, bed pads, pillows, duvets, electric blankets
- Beauty/grooming products (pills/potions/creams/ointments/supplements/make-up)
- Toilet seats and brushes
- Any personal care products (such as electric razors)
All items complete with all accessories must be returned in ALL of the original packing, or equivalent protection used.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Colour Options on Bespoke Furniture: Due to the limitations and inconsistencies of various display monitors, the colours you see on your screen may not be a totally accurate reproduction of the actual product. We strive to make our colours as accurate as possible, but online and printed images are intended as a guide only and should not be regarded as absolutely correct. If you would like to see a fabric swatch prior to ordering our bespoke furniture or headboards, please email email@example.com or use our Live Chat service.
How do I return an item?
Making a return is easy. All we ask is that you follow the procedure below so that we can process your return as quickly as possible. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, use our Live Chat service or call us.
NB, if any items are received broken, damaged or faulty, please contact us within 5 days of receipt and we will be happy to assist you.
- You may return any item within 30 days of receipt for a full refund, replacement or exchange.
- Please complete the form enclosed with your product stating the reason for your return.
- Enclose the form in the parcel.
- Goods should be returned unused and in their original packaging.
- Peel off the returns label and stick it to your parcel (make sure no other labels are visible).
- Take to the post office (unless it’s a heavy item – see below), affix stamp and retain proof of postage.
Please allow up to two weeks for the refund to be processed.
If you wish to return an item which was shown as a ‘heavy item’ on the original order, then we can arrange a collection and deduct the cost from the final refund. Please email email@example.com, use our Live Chat service or call us.
Where do I return my items?
Please complete the form enclosed with your product stating the reason for your return. We will need your order number and your name and address. Please then send the parcel to:
When do I get a refund once I have returned an item?
Once we have received the items back into our warehouse, refunds will be credited back to you in using the same method with which you originally paid. We will credit the full amount to the original purchaser’s payment card excluding any shipping costs. Card refunds can take up to 10 working days to be processed by your Bank. This varies between card issuers and unfortunately, we are unable to influence this.
If goods which form part of a ‘bundle offer’ are returned for a refund, then the remaining items will revert to their normal price. You will be refunded accordingly.
The company reserves the right to refuse a refund if the condition of the goods reflects normal wear and tear. All refunds and replacements will be processed on receipt of the returned items.
How do I return wine and alcohol items?
Please note, we cannot accept returns on alcohol without prior notification. Please either email: firstname.lastname@example.org, use our Live Chat service or call us.
Is there an age restriction on certain products?
UK law does not permit us to supply restricted products to persons under a specified age. Any person under the specific age must not attempt to purchase any of the following products. The age restriction applies to the recipient of the product.
Minimum age of 18
– Products containing alcohol (visit www.drinkaware.co.uk for further information)
– Bladed items
Minimum age of 16
– Liquor chocolates
– Party poppers
Minimum age 12
– Christmas crackers
Variable age (as specified on the packaging of the product) I.e. DVDs/Blu-Rays
Please note items marked 3+ have small parts and are a choking hazard.
*Charges to 03 numbers are the same as standard UK landline numbers starting in 01 or 02. Calls to 03 numbers are often included in bundled minutes and unlimited call packages. Please contact your provider for more information. Other networks and mobile providers may vary. Charges to 0844 numbers cost 7p per minute plus your telephone company’s access charge. All calls may be monitored and recorded for training purposes.